Tuesday, May 10, 2011

NBA Playoffs

A couple months back, I made known my love for college basketball, and especially the NCAA tournament.

The NBA Playoffs started a couple of weeks ago, and they've been good. While I have been really turned off of the NBA overall in the last 5 years or so, I have been pleasantly surprised at the level of play.

Why does the NBA aggravate me? Primarily because most of the players don't care, they've lost the love of basketball they had before they were getting paid to play the game. Secondly, I can't count how many times I scream at the t.v. because of sloppy play and lack of rule enforcement. Those guys travel more than Ferdinand Magellan and shoot more dumb shots than David Koresh.

Anyway, these playoffs have been full of surprises (the Grizzlies- really?). I love that the Lakers got swept,  but my biggest fear is that Miami will win the title.

I used to love LeBron James. I thought (aside from the Hummer incident) that he had always done everything right, unlike most professional athletes. While I still admire his basketball ability, his lack of loyalty combined with the way he left the Cavaliers has tarnished what admiration I had for him. So, I'm definitely hoping the Heat get beat.

My picks for the remainder of the playoffs:

East-
Miami over Boston
Chicago over Atlanta

Miami over Chicago

West-
Oklahoma City over Memphis

Dallas over Oklahoma City

Finals-
Dallas over Miami in 6 games (to get revenge for '06 meltdown)

No comments:

Post a Comment